Saturday, September 4, 2010

Abide in Christ

I can't do anything to clean myself up. My time and energy spend on managing my sin is wasted since Jesus did the cleansing for me on the cross. This means I have to abide in Christ. Its almost like resting in the comfort of my father's arms. It seems to ever bug the spirit of a Christian man when he missed the target, failed or neglected something. I am not perfect in being a disciple of Jesus and never will be, but my place in His arms are reserved. Its available all the time, regardless of my "state" of mind and soul. Asking for His forgiveness is part of the abiding. At times of my greatest weakness, abiding in His love brings comfort and hope. Abiding in Him brings freedom from fear of (more) failure.

Practically speaking:
  • Abide means to wait for, to submit to, to await. It has to move from knowing it in my mind to embracing it with my heart.
  • This is not a lame excuse for not being "obedient" or trying to be obedient to the Christian walk from a thankfulness-of-being-saved perspective. This is a challenging paradox. How long will I keep this straight in my mind? Do I actually get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment