Saturday, September 4, 2010

Measuring up

Question of the day: What do you feel or think when you see someone giving their life to Christ?

Interesting question once I start thinking about it. It comes back to faith and how I define faith (that for later).
For most part I am a sceptic...sadly to say. I want to see the "fruit". How long is it going to last? Is it real?

Behind my questioning lies an unredeemed world view:
  • I want to see the fruit - meaning that something needs to be delivered, done, performed, measured up.
  • This is again the DO thing instead of the BE thing. (Abide in Christ rather than trying to clean myself up)
  • Always measuring myself with others, others with myself. A judge by nature.
  • I feel threatened. Why? Do I even now? Do I want to know?
I will walk in the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment